The Eastern PA Chapter of the Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP) is looking to honor champion fundraising professionals, individuals, foundations, organizations, and corporations responsible for millions of dollars in community investment each year.
The AFP chapter has called for nominations for eight of its 2017 National Philanthropy Day Awards. Nomination forms and additional details are available through its website, and nominations must be received by Monday, July 31. Award winners will be honored during the AFP chapter’s annual National Philanthropy Day Awards Breakfast on Wednesday, Nov. 1, at DeSales University. EmpowerStar Marketing is a service provider for the AFP Eastern PA Chapter and a sponsor of the local National Philanthropy Day event.
Award categories include the following:
- Outstanding Youth in Philanthropy Award – which honors an individual or group who has Initiated and/or been involved with a philanthropic activity or invested volunteer hours on a fundraising project to benefit a specific cause
- Outstanding Volunteer Fundraiser Award – which honors an individual or couple who demonstrates exceptional volunteer leadership skills in coordinating and motivating other volunteers for major fundraising projects
- Outstanding Business Award – which honors recognizes the corporation or business that demonstrates outstanding commitment to philanthropy through charitable support in the community and encourages community leadership
- Outstanding Foundation Award – which recognizes the unique contributions of public and private foundations
- Outstanding Fundraising Executive Award – which honors a fundraising professional who practices in an exemplary manner, demonstrates strong professional credentials, and exemplifies AFP professional standards
- Outstanding Philanthropist Award – which honors an individual or family that demonstrates exceptional generosity that has yielded specific, identifiable results and offers an inspiring model of generous and community involvement
- Rising Star Award – which honors a fundraising professional with five or fewer years paid experience who exemplifies professionalism, creativity, documented success, and commitment to professional development
- Special Project of the Year Award – which honors an organization that implemented a special event or campaign that demonstrates excellence
The Eastern PA chapter also will present its new Lona M. Farr, Ph.D. ACFRE Award of Distinction for a Fundraising Professional to the award’s namesake. Dr. Farr will be honored for her career of 45 years in fundraising, effective advocacy for the fundraising professional; her strong commitment to professional development, teaching, and mentoring in the field; and her stellar representation of AFP.
“Lona Farr is one of our nation’s most outstanding fundraising professionals, and it is a tremendous benefit that she practices her craft here in eastern Pennsylvania,” said AFP Eastern PA chapter President Judy Belaires, CFRE. “Dr. Farr and all of the people, organizations, philanthropists, and companies the we honor exemplify a devotion and coveted ability to enable organizations to build better communities and ensure stronger futures.”